Hosting a fun Super Bowl Party can be a great way to invite friends, believers and non-believers, into your home to strengthen personal relationships.
Even if you don’t understand football at all, that’s okay! There’s something for everyone during the big game: great commercials, a wonderful game, and a huge halftime show!
If you’re thinking about throwing a party for this year’s big game, here’s a checklist of things you might consider doing or serving!
Super Bowl Party Food
Just in case you’re unsure, many people consider the Super Bowl an eating holiday that is on par with Thanksgiving! So make sure you have a handful of easy-to-eat appetizers ready for the entire game!
Popular food items include the following list. You don’t need everything, but variety is always appreciated by guests!
- A chips sampler
- Tortilla chips
- Potato chips
- Pretzels (plain or covered in chocolate!)
- Buffalo chicken wings
- Cocktail sausages
- Hot dog
- Nacho dip (just microwave Velveeta and Rotel and keep it warm in the crock pot
- Buffalo chicken dip
- Bacon and onion dip
- Ranch dip
- French onion dip
- Salsa — any kind
- Meatballs (put a bag of frozen meatballs, a jar of grape jelly, and a bottle of bbq sauce in the crockpot and cook for 4 hours on low)
- Small sandwiches: options might be
- A long cold sub
- Meatball sub
- Sliced beef, onions and mozzarella
- Veggie tray
- Ice cream
- Have plenty of cold options and don’t forget to have plenty of water and ice!
Whole the game is activity enough, but if you want to add a little more fun, you could include some games before, during or after the game. Here are a few fun ideas from Pinterest to try out:
If you have the time, details are always appreciated by guests! Try incorporating the team colors of the two teams playing, try shaping foods or using trays that are football shaped, or if you’ve feeling very ambitious, here is a snack stadium to try!